Healthy Eats


I have been cooking a lot these days.  I have been inspired to cook healthy and exercise often.  I got out of my comfort zone and tried new veggies, dishes, and even new HIIT and tabata workouts.

The soup in the picture only has 140 cals per cup.  I made this in a slow cooker and lemme tell you something, it's pretty damn tasty.  I'll write up the recipe in a future post.  

You can purchase a 2 lb salmon from Costco for $20.  I try to cook it and make premade meals for the week.  

On your nonstick pan heat up some EVOO. 
Rinse the salmon and pat it dry with a paper towel to remove moisture.
Lightly sprinkle some sea salt and lemon pepper on each side. 
Cook both sides for 4-5 minutes. 
And that's it! 

For the Kabocha squash:
Preheat oven 400 
Thoroughly wash the squash, cut it open, and remove the seeds. 
Cut it into 1/2 in slices and arrange them on to a pan. 
Drizzle vegetable oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
20 minutes in the oven and it's done.  

I eat avocados almost everyday, in salads, smoothies, sandwiches, plain, etc.  I try to incorporate avos in one dish every single day.  

Buying broccoli in bulk and steaming them is an easy way to eat your greens.  I like to season them in sesame oil and some sea salt.  This week I just kept it plain and simple- NO SEASONING. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nails of the Week (NOTW)