Detoxing Soaking Bath

My weekly ritual is to take a soothing bath 2 times a week, or 3, if it was a rough week.  I use my mom's tub because it's basically a jacuzzi. 

Make sure you have not eaten an hour before your detox bath, be sure to drink a lot of water.  I drink about 700 ml before my bath. Place your water bottle near by, just in case you get thirsty because you will sweat out the toxins.  This is optional, but I have my favorite candle lit near by to make my bath feel even more relaxing.  One of my all time favorite candle is by Bath and Body Works, in their Aromatherapy collection called Stress Relief.













I also use my trusty Songza app and play the "unwinding" playlist. 
When the tub is 1/4 filled with warm-hot water, I then add 2-3 cups of Epsom Salt.  The one I use is Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt Soaking Solution Soothe & Sleep.



 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

I don't like to soak my hair in a detox bath because it will strip my natural oils, so I put my hair in a high bun.  I submerge into the bath for about 20-25 minutes.  If this is your first time, make sure the water is warm and start by soaking for 10 minutes. 
 
When it's time to get out, SLOWLY stand up and dry yourself off. 
NOW, this step is extremely important!!! DRINK A LOT OF WATER!!!! You need to hydrate yourself.  If you feel a bit dizzy, keep guzzling water.
 
OK, It's time to shower, you'll need gentle soap and shampoo.  I use Dove Sensitive Skin Bar Soap.
 










 

I use Shampoo + Conditioner by Aveeno Pure Renewal.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I also like to lather myself up with a lightweight and fragrance free lotion, my favorite is Eucerin daily replenishing lotion.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Once I start to infuse more of the ingredients into my Detox Soaking Bath, I'll put up an updated blog!  
 
<3 Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nails of the Week (NOTW)